February 19th, 2013
I have a distant cousin, Greg, who proselytizes for the Lord. Last week he sent a message to his extended family here in America. He wrote about the neighbour who knocked on his door: “Excuse me, but did you notice your car is lying on its side?” I stared unbelieving…was there a powerful gust of wind? Did some teenagers push it over as a prank? Where is Sally?
Sally was inside, unable to move, or unlock the doors! She had pressed the accelerator instead of the brake coming down the driveway! In order to avoid crashing into the house, she yanked the steering wheel to the left, flipping the car on to its side!
I couldn’t get the doors open. I called 999. Suddenly, Danny, the fireman from across the street ran to the rescue…he got her out through the trunk! The police, firemen, and an ambulance with two medics arrived in minutes…
Sally came out without a bruise, or any pain anywhere. She said ‘I felt like…’
What did she feel like?
(1) ‘…God watches over Land Rovers. I knew I’d be safe.’
(2) ‘…I had just washed a tonne of mud off the car. Somebody up there saw the fish bumper sticker.
(3) ‘…there had been a collision in purgatory. The other vehicle, a Lincoln Towne Car, had gone to Hell for its pretense of nobility, and I had been given a new chance on Earth.’
(4) ‘…I had been kept safe in the Lord’s Cocoon.’
(5) ‘…I was fully covered by God’s Warranty.
(6) ‘…I felt like an angel protected in the crumple zone of the Virgin Mother’s womb.’
AND THE ANSWER IS (don’t look until you’re fully satisfied that any of these answers apply: number four.